The care of ventilator-dependent individuals balances skill and technology with a gentle, compassionate touch. These qualities make Wingate a recognized leader in ventilator and respiratory care. Certified by the Massachusetts and New York State Departments of Health, our programs are staffed by specialists dedicated to creating the highest quality of life for these residents.
Ventilator Care Program Features
- Available at select Wingate skilled nursing locations
- Physician-directed, multidisciplinary care team, including a board-certified pulmonologist, pulmonary specialists, registered nurses, licensed respiratory care practitioners, and physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Individualized care plans
- Specialized ventilator units with centralized nursing stations allowing for direct observation
- Portable ventilators, enabling mobility and sociability
- Aggressive ventilator weaning program, with support and training for success at home
- Exceptional outcomes from a program designed to help residents improve their conditioning and reduce the likelihood of hospital readmission
Services may vary by location and are subject to change. Contact your community to learn more.